Re: CeBIT

Michael Bramer wrote:
> I make a sid-chroot enviroment for the last four days...

Good idea.

> > >   Please Alexander don't make a full install. If you had X and net
> > >   working, you can start your demos.
> > Sure, just the "x window sytem" and "desktop environment" tasks and
> > some extra packages (xchat, bb and the demo, which scrolls through the
> > names of all dd's)
>
> 'desktop environment' is big...

During HCT amu installed Debian in a Demo session with X and KDE
in very short time.  Either that was a very fast machine or this
setup is not that big.

> > If we have enough place, it would nice to have a second pc. If some
> > comes up with the "debian isn't easy to install"-thing, I like it, to
> > give him a computer and a disc, and let him install Debian on it.

Last years, there was not enough place for another PC (except, there's
a second demo point and staff issn't arriving in which case we could
assimilate it...)

> The CeBit is not a hack center like the LT.

Err... err...  LinuxTag is not a hack center either.  Sorry, but I need
to disagree with you in this particular thing.  In 2001, however,
I was able to create a specialized hack center *additionally* and in
2002 there was free space outside the booths fortunately that could
be used for hacking.

Regards,

	Joey
--
The MS-DOS filesystem is nice for removable media.  -- H. Peter Anvin