Re: Re: Re: CeBIT

Hi !

Well, then you may remove me from the list. My sole purpose was to offer some help, and meet some debian folks. But since you got (more than) enough hands alredy, and there won´t be to many debfolks, I´ll instead join you on the event in july (forgot the name).

I hope you will have some nice days. Thanks for now,

- Troels Vognsen :-)

Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> wrote:
> vognsen@esenet.dk wrote:
> > I´m not sure that I get your point entirely Michael. You
> two folks
> > will take the booth for the entire Cebit, and then we will
> just show
> > up when we are there ??
>
> That´s what I understood as well.  This will cause the
> minimum trouble
> with setting up, dismantling and opening the booth each day
> and
> coordinating with Linuxland.  I fully appreciate this.
>
> Please keep in mind that there is only space for _one_
> Debian person
> at the both.  When there are more Debian people, it means
> that there
> is not much space left for customers of Linuxland and/or
> visitors of
> the booth/sub-booth.
>
> > I think that´s a little bit too unorganised. The idea is
> fine: two
> > have some permanent personell, but we´ll need to
> coordinate the rest
> > of us somehow, so we don´t have 7 people showing up when
> there´s no
> > need to.
>
> In general, there is no need to show up at all for any more
> person
> since it´s a small booth without much space.
>
> If you plan to travel to CeBIT only for helping out at the
> Debian
> booth, don´t travel.  Stay at home and fix two bugs, that´s
> much more
> help for the project.  However, if you are at CeBIT anyway,
> there´s
> nothing wrong with meeting at the Debian booth for
> keysigning and a
> small chat.  For this I propose a meeting at say 14:00 -
> 14:30 each day for
> those who attend CeBIT as well.
>
> > And secondly: do we need to be 8-10 people to make the
> stuff ? I
>
> s/stuff/staff/?  If so, then NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, we
> only need
> exactly one person for the booth.
>
> > think I heard one of u saying that we had only the need
> for two
> > people at the same time.
>
> No, two people is the absolute maximum that is possible.
>
> > With you two making it for half of the personell, it will
> be about
>
> 100% of the personel
>
> > one day pr. person....
>
> I´m pretty sure there are pictures from the Linuxland+Debian
> booth
> from past years.  Could somebody dig one out and post a
> link?
>
> Regards,
>
> Joey
>
> --
> Reading is a lost art nowadays.  -- Michael Weber
>

> --

--- Begin Message ---