Re: booth planning LinuxTag

[SNIP]

    Christian> This way the booth would have a professional look to
    Christian> impress and convince people about debian, instead of
    Christian> giving the impression of hacker meeting.

This brings up the questions we should *really* be asking ourselves,
regarding *any* Debian expo presence[1]:

  What do we want the image of Debian to be?

And:

  What *is* the image people have of Debian?

  What do people *expect* when they come to our booth?

I for one would think that "hacker meeting" is a lot closer to the
truth than "professional look".

Debian is *not* a company (even if some people have vested business
interests, and thus (consciously or not) want Debian to look
"professional" (whatever that is))

Debian *is* a hacker community, at least from my POV.

I do *not* want to portray Debian as some kind of "professional"
company, because it isn't.

I wanted to say that for some time now.  Thanks for letting me get
this off my chest...

Bye, J

[1] Okay, maybe some expos, like Linux@Work, are special... but only
maybe.