[LT Infomail#4] Accommodation, space requirements and workshops - Debian

http://www.infodrom.ffis.de/Debian/events/LinuxTag2001/infomail-4.html

 1. Accommodation

    Here are some more details, which I gathered from the gym hall.

    6.00am - Cleaning of the gym hall.  You only have to leave the gym
             hall, not supplementary rooms like the showers.

    7.00am - Cleaning of supplementary rooms.  We'll have one
             supplementary room reserved for us so you can dump all
             the things there, that you don't need at LinuxTag.
             Please take into account that you won't be able to get to
             it through the day.

    7.30am - Sports people will arrive so they should be able to find
             a clean gym hall and clean supplementary rooms,
             especially if we would like to use this location again
             next year.

    7.00am - Thursday+Friday: Breakfast at Universities cafeteria
             Saturday+Sunday: Breakfast at Unithekle
             Monday         : Breakfast at Nili's

    Breakfast usually consists of coffee, tea, rolls, butter,
    marmelade, cheese, saussage, depending on the amount of people
    that we tell them.

    The people from FaVeVe will provide dinner at Nili's.  It's not a
    restaurant and they're cooking on their own (for you).  I'm sure
    they would appreciate if some of you would help them a bit.  There
    will be both vegetarian and non-vegetarian (ovo-lacto) dinner.

    If you have detailed questions that I may not be able to answer or
    you have to tell us about your allergies, contact
    linuxtag@faveve.uni-stuttgart.de, it's a mailing list.

 2. Calculating space requirements for the booths

    My general rule is: There is enough space.  However, the available
    space I can use it limited as well.  I can't give 20qm to each
    booth since this would extend the available space.  I'll try to be
    fair and calculate the required space from actual needs.  This
    means in turn that I need additional information from you, such
    as:

    Number of people who will staff the booth (I ought to have a list
        for most projects but not for all)

    Number of computers that will be presented at the booth.  This
        information is not only required for space calculation but as
        well for calculating current requirements for IP numbers and
        hub/switch ports

    Information about additional equipment that involves space (like
        use of a beamer, VR cave, monitor board or some such.

    Please provide this information as soon as possible.

    One hint for the use of a beamer at the booth:  Last year we have
    discovered that the exhibition hall was quite light and thus
    output of a beamer was not very easy to look at.  We will be in a
    different exhibition hall, though, but various possibilities exist
    to lighten up the hall.  Thus you may have to improvise on
    wednesday by getting black film on top of the booth or something.

 3. Workshop schedule

    I've placed the public view of your workshop schedule on my
    webserver at
    <http://www.infodrom.ffis.de/Debian/events/LinuxTag2001/workshops.php3>

 4. Software for organizing our Projects Pavillon

    The software I use for organization is available for the public
    now.  It's GPL, of course, and uses WML, PHP3 and PostgreSQL.
    Providing a public frontend extends my time at the moment, so if
    this is requested, please help yourself.  Details (especially
    public anon cvs access) are here:

    http://www.infodrom.ffis.de/Mail-Archive/linuxtag-ltp/2001/0000.html

Regards,

        Joey