Re: LinuxTag 2001 / Debian Day

Hi

On Sat, May 19, 2001 at 07:35:53PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> My preference for the Debian Day is friday.  This "event" doesn't
> target at users in general so it don't have to be on saturday.  Friday
> looks good to me.
Nothing wrong, though it might be a problem that some people are not able
to come at that day due to work or whatever. But looks as if it is the
best day.

>    During LinuxTag there will be one or two workshop rooms reserved
>    for the Community to organize BoFs and workshops. It should be
>    possible to occupy one room for an entire day for the Debian
>    project.
Great.

>    The following topics are discussed, partially there is also a
>    speaker proposed:
>
>      * Debian - Managing a 700people-project, internal structures
>      * Debian Package Maintenance
>      * Debconf - from the beginning
Nice topics, everyone of it.

>      * Software Development (CVS, autoconf, make etc.)
This isn't too debian specific, or? If we only get one day, we should
focus on some more debian-related things (it's intended to be for
developers and developers-in-spe.. :)

>      * dpkg-internals
>        (maybe Wichert Akkerman <wichert@cistron.nl>)
Might be coupled with debian package maintenance.

>      * Debian GNU in business environments
>        (Michael Meskes <meskes@debian.org>)
hm. Wrong audience?

>      * read-only/reiserfs/tux2, possibilities and workability
>        (Goswin Brederlow)
This could be combined with talking about alternative installation file
systems (has anyone started this, otherwise that meeting could be a good
date to create a task force :).

>      * Security-hardening a Debian-System
>        (Alexander Reelsen)
Listing this one time is enough I guess..

> What do you think?  What talks will actually be possible?  How many do
> we want and in which order?  We can use the room for the entire day if
> we like.  LinuxTag begins at 9.00am and ends on 6.00pm.  Additionally,
> Friday is the day when our Social Event will take place.  Not sure
> when it starts, but I guess it's 8pm, so we could stay in the room if
> we like.
If we get one room for nine hours, we might be able to have 7 up to 8
talks and meetings coupled with GPG fingerprint trades and stuff...

Just my 0.02choose-your-currency

MfG/Regards, Alexander

--
Alexander Reelsen   http://joker.rhwd.de