Re: demoing at the booth

Gerfried Fuchs wrote:

>  Michael, please just mail to the list.  There is no need to mail people
> directly if they haven't asked for it.  There's even a header that tells
> you that you shouldn't -- Mail-Followup-To:
>  Although your netscape doesn't understand it internally it might tell
> you that you should refrain from sending both to the list and me
> personally.

Gerfried, first of all, my name is Michel. My apologies for bothering you with
two copies of my post - replying to both the sender and list is policy on the
vast majority of lists I'm subscribed to, so most of the time I just hit

> On Wed, Jun 27, 2001, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > Does it even work for you currently in testing? I couldn't get it to work
> > on my i386 box at work, not on another one running Susi 7.2 either. I've
> > submitted a bug.
>
>  I can't say for testing for I'm personally using unstable and it works
> there, but I'm quite sure, it's the same version in testing like in
> unstable.  Your problem must reside somewhere else.

I almost expected that, but I can't think of anything, any ideas? I know this
is OT...

>  If you are saying that you can't get it running on your SuSE - do I get
> you right that you are not using the debian-packages?  There are
> packages available that work quite well.

Thanks, my work box is running Debian testing and I apt-get installed xblast.
My colleague's box is running SuSE 7.2 and he installed the SuSE package (he
didn't know until I told him about xblast though ;). Interestingly, both show
the exact same problem, which can be seen in my bug report.

Anyway, I'm glad it works for you, and I'm sure it would be a good means to
get people's attention.