Re: Debian-LAN: installing a complete network environment

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 9:28 PM, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
> Sorry to rain on the parade, but Samba's been pretty good at this since
> Samba was invented in the early 1990's, and it's pretty stable. It also
> plays nicely with other well known network clients and protocols, such as
> Windows based and Mac based clients, so there's really no need to re-invent
> that wheel specifically in Debian. The Debian ports of Samba re up to date
> and quite stable.

</snip>

To each his own. I actually like the post and his project idea. Also,
claiming that Samba is the be all and end all to all enterprise client
scenarios out there is a little over stating it. On more a few times
have we have to drop Samba as it proved to be inadequate for the
situation.