Re: Australian Internet Filtering Position

Its basically the Australia Government wants to filter what Australia's can see on their internet. Much like what's in place in places like China and Iran but their cover is:

"We are doing it to stop child pornography, hate and criminal based websites."

They aren't honest yet about what their criteria is for either of those though. Criminal based websites, could infact mean anything that posts tutorials about security tools for IT (such as nmap, nessus and metasploit). Hate based websites could be infact anything that goes against their policies.

I'm trying to get as much support and contact as I can for taking to the Australia Government to hopefully get rid of this filter.

Ryan.

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 10:08 PM, Carlos O. Cazorla Machado <cazorla@ecot.co.cu> wrote:
El mar, 06-07-2010 a las 13:45 +0200, lee escribió:
> On Tue, Jul 06, 2010 at 10:57:49AM +1000, Ryan Halloway wrote:
> > List,
> >
> > With sites like this appearing everywhere: http://www.dontfilterme.com and
> > http://nocleanfeed.com/
> >
> > Just trying to get a general opinion with what everyone thinks of the
> > filtering situation in Australia.
>
> What is the situation?

What happened with the Australian conection?

Greeetings,

--
MSc. Carlos O. Cazorla
     Sysadmin