Re: Central Package Management

Look at the project OCS Inventory : http://www.ocsinventory-ng.org/index.php?page=features

Jean-Philippe.

Jeremy Winder a écrit :
I'm hoping one of you can help me out here. I have a network of 250+
Debian boxes and I need a way of controlling what packages get installed
on a machine by machine basis.

Normally I would just setup a private repository and set the machines to
run apt-get update; apt-get upgrade nightly; however, this doesn't give
me the ability to install a package on one box but not the others. I
looked into "pinning" but that is controlled on the client side not the
server side.

Am I missing something? Is it possible to control which machines get
which packages from the repository side?

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy