Re: emdebian.org down. Any mirror?

> On 2019-10-02 14:14 +0300, Alexander V. Buev wrote:
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I see that the http://emdebian.org/tools/debian completely down
> > now and some few days before.
>
> Yes. The VM it was runing on was shut down at short notice at the end of September.
> Sorry there was no notice. I got a couple of days but was away for moost of that time.
> I should have sent a mail anyway.
>
> A backup was taken. I do have a copy of the image.
>
> And thanks very much to drizzt for hosting for free for the last 3(?) years.
Very thanks :)

> > Unfortunately our company was not done backup of this repository
> > used in our development process.
>
> I was wondering if anyone was still using it, despite no updates for about 6 years :-)
:) Some of our old hw/sw projects use jessie as base system for now,
and required it's cross toolchains repositories in build process.

> We can probably find a new location to put it back up if there is
> still demand. Serious offers welcome.  Mirroring the files can be done
> fairly easily. Hosting the domain is a bit more work.
>
> > Is there any mirror of this repository for jessie=20
> > or some package archive where we can download necessary packages?
>
> I can arrange one if there isn't one already.

We can't find any at this moment...
But we can make a full mirror of this files and share this on our
machines to all other internet if you give us access for your backups.
But our system administrators have some questions about
required space for this.

> > Now we use dpkg-cross & crossbuild-essential-armhf and its
> > dependencies.
> >
> > Sorry if I wrote to wrong address.
>
> No you are in the right place.
It's a good news.