Re: Control Debian image size

Hello JH,

On Sun, Mar 03, 2019 at 09:06:39PM +1100, JH wrote:
> What can I do to build Debian image with kernel for imx6? Using Isar
> or something?

Kernel modules also take considerable space. I've bitbaked
multiconfig:qemuarm-stretch:isar-image-base with Isar and removed the stock
linux-image-4.9.0-9-armmp. The disk usage dropped from 277 MiB to 125 MiB. So,
you want to build your own kernel enabling only the drivers you need.

Using Isar, you may build your own kernel and implement the others' suggestions
(I think Isar already covers many of them). If you have questions, please cc
me.

In the past, we used Debian on a 32-MiB system with JFFS compression and
busybox. We had to use perl-minimal instead of perl (required for postinst
scripts) to reduce the dependencies.

With kind regards,
Baurzhan.