Re: Debian-based product build system

Hi,

Your goal is very similar to our meta-debian[1][2],
but the approach is not same.
I have a question to your approach.

How do you achieve Products' modified Debian packages?

In meta-debian, package build follows poky framework.
So, if product needs to customize a package,
we will create bbappend recipe under meta-product layer
and add some shell script functions (e.g. do_install_append)
or python script to the recipe.
Because of poky framework, we can customize each task
(do_patch, do_configure, do_compile, do_install, etc...)
for the package.

On the other hand,
isar run do_fetch and dpkg-buildpackage for package build.
When and how package customization is done?

Best Regards,
Masahiro Yamada

Reference:

1. https://github.com/meta-debian/meta-debian