Re: Recommend way to use Multistrap

+++ Brendan Simon (eTRIX) [2015-10-29 14:29 +1100]:
> What is the recommended way to use Multistrap?  I'm using Jessie (Debian 8).
>
> multistrap is not in my user path, but it is in the path of root.  I suppose I
> could run multistrap as root but I presume that is not how it is intended to be
> run (potentially dangerous).
>
> How should I run it as a user?

multiastrap expects you to use sudo to run it.

> I also found polystrap.  That seems like it will do everything.  Is polystrap
> recommended as a good way to use multistrap?  Is it maintained?  It's not a
> Debian package.

Polystrap is indeed a way to use multistrap without root, and as you
say it was never packaged. It has probably not been maintained for
several years so may or may not actually work. butmultistrap hasn;t
changed much for the last couple of years either, so you have a
fighting chance.

If you want to avoid using root then try polystrap. It is true that
you _shouldn't_ need root to generate an install image, so polystrap
is a good idea.

http://wookware.org/