Re: sbuild stretch (... crossbuild-essential-armhf)

+++ nice sw123 [2015-09-14 22:32 +0200]:
> Hi!
>
> I've been trying sbuild for strech:
>
> sudo sbuild-createchroot
> --make-sbuild-tarball=/srv/chroots/stretch-sbuild.tgz stretch
> /srv/chroots/stretch http://httpredir.debian.org/debian/
>
> This all seems to work and I've manually fetched a cross-toolchain:
>   sudo sbuild-shell stretch-amd64-sbuild
>   # apt-get install gcc-arm-linux-gnueabihf
>   # apt-get install g++-arm-linux-gnueabihf gcc-arm-linux-gnueabihf
>
> So far so good. (I'm not yet missing something here, or am I ?)
>
> But then
>   sbuild  --host=armhf -d stretch-amd64-sbuild
> FAILS with:
>
>   sbuild-build-depends-core-dummy : Depends:
> crossbuild-essential-armhf but it is not installable
>   E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
>

> That's a pitty! I see that crossbuild-essential-armhf is in sid, but
> not in stretch.
> Is there something I can do about that?
> (Would creating an empty dummy package called
> "crossbuild-essential-armhf" work? I'm running stretch.)

You could change your sbuild config to tell it not to install
crossbuild-essential-armhf when crossing, but instead to install
libc:armhf, dpkg-cross, g++-arm-linux-gnueabihf (which is is all that
the crossbuild-essential-armhf meta-package does)

See man sbuild.conf
CROSSBUILD_CORE_DEPENDS option

http://wookware.org/