Re: Unmet dependencies problem in CrossToolchains

On 03/09/2015 10:52 PM, Wookey wrote:
+++ John Morris [2015-03-06 02:53 -0600]:
On 01/16/2015 01:18 PM, Wookey wrote:

Setting up the repo as described and running `apt-get install
crossbuild-essential-armhf` fails with the error message:

      crossbuild-essential-armhf : Depends: g++-arm-linux-gnueabihf
       (>= 4.9.1-1) but it is not going to be installed
[...]
Everything has just changed for jessie anyway as 4.9.2-10 gcc migrated
to testing so 4.9.1-19 is now obsolete. I've migrated some packages to
the jessie repo and am building some more. Hopefully everything will
be back in working order in a couple of days.

Verified that `apt-get install crossbuild-essential-armhf` now succeeds. Thank you!

A couple more issues:

- A package (Xenomai) requires `build-essential`, but nothing installed by `crossbuild-essential-armhf` provides `build-essential:armhf`. That causes `mk-build-deps -a armhf` to fail. How is this normally addressed in a Debian package cross-compile scenario?

- Another project (Machinekit) I updated for cross-building will want `pkg-config`. Ubuntu supplies a special cross-build-aware version, `pkg-config-arm-linux-gnueabihf`. I'll pick it up, since I don't see it in the Emdebian distribution. Is that package something on the Emdebian maintainers' radar?

I maintain a Machinekit + dependency multi-arch/multi-distro package distribution with a stack of packages including RT kernels, so I have an idea how much work goes into the Emdebian distribution. Thank you!

	John