Re: Embedded with systemd

Hi,

On 17.11.2014 11:14, Jeremiah Foster wrote:

>     This is a very onerous requirement in the embedded world. There are many
>     embedded platforms sold today that only have 2.6.X BSPs.

> But I highly doubt those devices have modern userlands.

Debian jessie with sysvinit boots and works just fine, and swapping out
the BSP userland with a Debian root file system from debootstrap is
usually simple and sufficient, while forward-porting the kernel drivers
is a lot harder.

> I find it unlikely that you'd be able to run Jessie on your desktop and
> Jessie on your device, at least, not without a little bit of work.

We've been doing that for wheezy, so if it no longer works I'd count
that as a regression.

   Simon