Re: systemd requiring Linux >= 3.7

Thanks for the link to Lucas Nussbaum's blog entry, that was very useful.

Given that debsecan typically seems to show fewer, less serious CVEs in
sid/jessie than stable/wheezy for the workloads I have, I will do what I
can to run Jessie for now.

There are certainly a bunch of important privilege escalation and bypass
issues fixed leading up to 3.7 kernels (and since!), only some of which
can be mitigated - but with a tight enough .config, I'd say it's the
userland application vulnerabilities which are going to be the less
complex attack vectors for a given system.