Re: Packaging Weston

On Mon, 10 Feb 2014 23:41:30 +0100
Frans van Berckel <fberckel@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> I did some hacking the past day's getting a minimal system. If I can
> drop Xorg (and it's dependencies). Creating something like this
> example, with emdebian, I would be more then happy.
>
> http://twolife.be/raspbian/pool/main/
>
> Not media playout only. These lib's, are useful for other embedded
> applications well? Not for Pi, but x86, and other (read
> multi-platform).
>
> So got one simple question. Are you willing packaging Weston for
> grip-sid?

I'd need to check the dependency chain. Weston still depends on a lot
of libx* packages. As it is in Debian sid, it is possible to add.

In the meantime, you can use apt-grip from the emdebian-grip package to
convert it.

$ man 1 apt-grip

> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?a=project_list;pf=pkg-xorg/wayland

Emdebian does not care about the packaging VCS, packages are processed,
not rebuilt.