Re: multistrap a busybox glibc/uclibc system

So am I right in assuming that emdebian grip (stripped down debian) is
the only real option to generate a debian based rootfs for an arm
target?  it would install apt/dpkg and I would need to run "dpkg
--configure -a" on the target.

Emdebian grip baked is also an option.  The same as above except that
apt/dpkg is not installed, and configuration files must be installed by
some other means.  right?

For a busybox or uclibc system I must use another tool/system
altogether.  e.g. buildroot, openembedded, etc, right?

Just a thought bubble.  Would/could multistrap be made to work with the
opkg packaging format?  openwrt and openembedded use this for the uclibc
based packages.  I wonder if it is viable to make multistrap work with
that to generate uclibc root filesystems?  or is multistrap so
intrinsically tied to Debian that it would be too much effort?

Thanks, Brendan.