Re: M0 and M3 patches in linaro toolchains

Wookey <wookey@wookware.org> writes:

> The alternative it to simply repack the existing linaro
> cross-toolchain sources, but them we get to keep doing that for new
> releases, and we have gratuitous extra copies of gcc sources and
> corresponding differences between A* and M* toolchains/versions.

I'm working on this process at the moment; I figure that having a stable
and reliable compiler will provide a good starting point while we sort
out how to unify the compiler source code bases.

A simple 'diff' from the linaro q2 release from current Debian 4.7
compiler sources is something over 700k lines at present; dumping that
into a package doesn't exactly seem like a good idea.

-keith