Re: Unable to determine your tty name error.

I have not done any init configuration. I have not done this -> /var/lib/dpkg/info/dash.preinst install . Is that fine?

On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 4:27 PM, Paul Boddie <paul@boddie.org.uk> wrote:
On Saturday 11 May 2013 12:39:52 mind entropy wrote:
> Should I modify my PAM login file? Are there any other conf files to change
> related to login?

The only thing I do that is related to authentication when performing initial
configuration on the target is to remove the password for root, mostly
because it is convenient for me to do so on the device I am using. This is
what gets called for the first init invocation:

http://hgweb.boddie.org.uk/qi-emdebian/file/tip/preinit-config

I'm not sure what the initial state of the root account is, and maybe others
with more experience might be able to say.

Paul