Re: Report 3 — Multiarch cross-toolchains

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 03:59:47PM -0500, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> Thibaut Girka wrote:
>
> > * However, it would involve some additional scripting/manual intervention
> >   to prevent cross-built libs to be uploaded. This can be fixed before the end
> >   of the GSoC, and it hopefully will be.
>
> Is that even desirable?  If the cross-building rules are correct, a
> cross-built library is just as functional as, say, a library built
> "natively" on a qemu-emulated target machine with
> DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=nocheck, right?

Yes, it should be. But we're talking about things like libgcc, being cross-built
as part of the cross-compiler build process. Such binary packages shouldn't
be built, or at least not by default: they should already be in the archive,
and the cross-compiler upload would be rejected.