Re: Report 1 — Multiarch cross-toolchains

On Sun, 2012-06-03 at 01:26 -0500, Jonathan Nieder wrote:

> Bug numbers? ;-)  (I think it's ok if this is released in wheezy+1
> instead of wheezy, by the way, even though for simple, unrisky changes
> landing earlier is often nice.)

As far as I understand this change is only going to be ADDING both
information and functionality in a way that is completely opt-in.
dpkg-cross will still be shipped in wheezy, and the old methods will
continue to work. Moreover existing packages will not break by any of
these changes, the new functionality could simply not work for some
reason.

This is of course largely my hope, and there needs to be a clear
statement WHY said assertion is true, and what to do if it is not.
However if so, I don't see a clear reason it can't be shipped in wheezy.

Just my 2 cents,

--
-Shawn Landden