Re: Helping Emdebian

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 16:39:54 +0100
Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:

> Someone needs to take a hard look at the buildd.emdebian.org bugs and
> close quite a few of them. Many were filed as part of the work on Crush
> and the underlying systems have changed quite a lot since then. The
> issues described are out of date, the solutions proposed may well be
> unworkable or need revision.
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?package=buildd.emdebian.org

There's quite a few busybox / Crush / Lenny bugs listed there.  Is it
reasonable to just close those without much discussion?  Most of these
are from 2008 time frame, so even reproducing them will probably be
difficult or not very worthwhile.

What's the recommended way of handling this?  Is a reply to each of
these really old bugs asking for any reasons to keep it open, waiting a
reasonable time (few weeks?) and if no objection, closing?

I'm rather new to Debian development / bug tracking and don't want
to step on toes, but I'd like to help.  Cleaning up really old bugs
seems like a reasonable way for me to start.

Thanks,
Andrew