powerpc crosstoolchain question: ppc4xx and gcc-java

"http://www.emdebian.org/tools/crosstools.html
We provide a set of apt-able tools built from standard Debian binutils and gcc sources. These provide cross-build toolchains from i386 and amd64 to all official Debian arches (armel, mips, mipsel, powerpc, sparc, s390, hppa, ia64) targets currently. Others can easily be built if they are needed - please ask on the debian-embedded list. "

Well ... could Debian build system cope with building cross toolchain for compiling for powerpc-405/powerpc440 at x86 host with gcc-java support ?
I tried Debian pre-compiled cross tools, noone could generate code which run on ppc405 and pp440 cores, but ppc6xx only.

The crosstoll fails to build it "out of box" for glibc version higher than 2.3.2.
This works for me: "`cat powerpc-405.dat gcc-4.0.2-glibc-2.3.2.dat` sh all.sh"

Yet ELDK libc version is 2.3.4 and higher already quite long ago, so I can't use glibc-2.3.2 at target as long as 2.3.4  doesn't declare corresponging GLIBC@ cjvofnfbility symbol:(

This doesn't prevent target application to work with libgcj copied to the target rootfs, yet it would be nice to build cross toolchain with fully compatible libraru
ies.