Re: Multistrap: Couldn't find package zlib1g*

On Thu, 6 Sep 2012 18:40:18 +0400
Dmitriy Alekseev <deathonfuneral@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm preparing rootfs for my embedded system.
> With simple configuration file multistrap works fine:

Please test with --simulate as stated in the manpage.

> #sudo multistrap -a armel -d $PWD/RFS -f multistrap.conf
> multistrap.conf:
> [General]
> noauth=true
> unpack=true
> debootstrap=Grip
> aptsources=Grip
> [Grip]
> #packages=
> source=http://www.emdebian.org/grip
> suite=squeeze

Missing a keyring package line. Compare
with /usr/share/multistrap/squeeze.conf or
http://www.emdebian.org/multistrap/examples/grip-squeeze.conf

http://www.emdebian.org/multistrap/examples.php

# Example multistrap configuration file for the squeeze shortcut.

[General]
arch=
directory=
# same as --tidy-up option if set to true
cleanup=true
# same as --no-auth option if set to true
# keyring packages listed in each debootstrap will
# still be installed.
noauth=false
# whether to add the /suite to be explicit about where apt
# needs to look for packages. Default is false.
explicitsuite=false
# extract all downloaded archives (default is true)
unpack=true
# the order of sections is not important.
# the debootstrap option determines which repository
# is used to calculate the list of Priority: required packages.
debootstrap=Emdebian
aptsources=Emdebian

[Emdebian]
packages=apt
source=http://www.emdebian.org/grip
keyring=emdebian-archive-keyring
suite=squeeze

That one does work.

> What I did wrong, or maybe it's a bug? Thank You.

What version of multistrap?

Squeeze: 2.1.7
Squeeze-backports: 2.1.15~bpo60+1
Wheezy: 2.1.20