Re: Configuring foreign packages without qemu in order to boot a system

+++ Paul Boddie [2012-09-03 00:49 +0200]:
> On Sunday 02 September 2012 23:21:09 Neil Williams wrote:

Just a minor point of information

> > And remember that the default
> > in-kernel Debian packaging is *native-only* and will not cross-build
> > without patching.
>
> This is very useful to know, thanks! It certainly saves me a lot of time
> knowing this in advance of any investigation into Debian practices.

Note that this has been fixed on Ubuntu so that a standard
dpkg-buildpackage -a<arch> will cross-build the kernel. That may well
make its way into the Debian packaging as it's not a big change AIUI.

http://wookware.org/