Re: building cross tools for sparc

Maybe what I read was that Ubuntu had dropped support for sparc.

On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 3:08 PM, reed kotler <reedkotler@gmail.com> wrote:
Hmmmm..

My initial interest is to build a cross tool chain for sparc.

It seems like in a few short years that sparc has fallen off the face of the earth.

Sparc64 is listed on the debian ports but I seem to have read somewhere that it was being dropped.

http://wiki.debian.org/BuildingCrossCompilers

http://www.debian-ports.org/

Building a normal debian cross compiler for now would be okay.

Reed

On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> wrote:
On Sun, 2 Sep 2012 12:00:40 -0700
reed kotler <reedkotler@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm unable to get the libraries
>
> sudo xapt -a sparc libc6
>
> Any ideas?

Not without more information. sparc is available as an architecture in
Debian but not for Emdebian but that won't matter as the Emdebian
packages are binary-compatible with the Debian equivalents anyway.

If using Debian testing or unstable, use the -m option so that the
packages already converted for multiarch can be forced into the old
dpkg-cross paths.