Re: Final report — Multiarch cross-toolchains

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 02:43:50PM -0700, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thibaut Girka wrote:
>
> > Another solution would be to have another source package, responsible for
> > building cross-compilers from gcc's source package. As far as I know, that's
> > how it is done for ubuntu, but apt-get sourcing gcc-4.7 from a source package
> > feels wrong to me...
>
> The gcc-4.7-source package exists to avoid needing to do that.

Right, my bad, sorry about that.

But there are still issues, like duplicating parts of the control file, mangling
the cross-compiler debs, uploading two (or more) source packages instead of only
one, etc. Anyway, it is seems to be the best solution at the moment.

Regards,
Thibaut Girka.