cross-compiler for powerpc

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a cross compiler for a powerpc to compile on
Intel-type computers, one sid, one squeeze. To do so, I followed the
instruction on wiki.debian.org/EmdebianToolchain. First, I copied the
apt-source lines from the wiki, matching the debian version in each
case. Then I typed apt-get update without any error messages.

Then, the wiki suggests to search for something containing "powerpc"
and ending on gnueabi, but apt-cache didn't show that. So I looked just
for gcc and powerpc and tried to install three packages. On squeeze,
this worked (installing 13 packages), but on sid, I was asked for two
further packages, which I added manually to the apt-get list:

apt-get install gcc-4.4-base-powerpc-cross gcc-4.4-powerpc-linux-gnu gcc-4.4-powerpc-linux-gnu-base cpp-4.4-powerpc-linux-gnu libgmp3c2
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package libgmp3c2 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source

E: Package 'libgmp3c2' has no installation candidate

So I decided to continue on squeeze, alas:

apt-get install xapt
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package xapt

Am I doing something wrong, or is it just impossible to get a
cross compiler for powerpc?

Thanks for any hint,

--
Christoph