Re: Creating debs using a cross-build envronment?

Hi,

Svante Signell wrote:

> OK, got it.
[...]
> Right!
[...]
> No!
[...]
> I know.
[...]

The above replies do not get at the heart of what Neil was asking you.
If I may venture a guess, you are trying to break a build-depends loop
(involving a self-hosting compiler) by cross-building some of the
involved packages.

I don't know the emdebian cross tools well, but I believe they are
built from the standard Debian binutils and gcc packages by setting
appropriate variables at build time to request that they target
another architecture.  See
https://wiki.debian.org/BuildingCrossCompilers for details.

Hope that helps,
Jonathan