Re: Debian Social Contract

Hi,

2011/6/29 Wookey <wookey@wookware.org>:
> +++ Neil Williams [2011-06-28 08:17 +0100]:

> Neil, Yann provided some useful fixes in suggestions in all those
> bugs, and you were generally dismissive. I'm not surprised he's
> discouraged.
>
> Yann. I help maintain multistrap too, and I appreciate the above
> bugreps, even if Neil doesn't. Your attention to detail is
> commendable. I quite agree that saying 'no I won't documen't this
> feature in the manpage - it's already too long - put it in the wiki
> instead' is a ridiculous response. (630258 above)
>
> Please don't feel dicsouraged.

For encouraging people working on this and polystrap and whatever
else, I am setting up a project on alioth.d.o so we can use
git.debian.org and allow non debian developers to work on debian
embedded projects. You both are project admins as well as Jonas. I'll
notice with proper mail when ready.

>> I do not want to be distracted into making large scale changes to
>> multistrap just when it would be most beneficial to Emdebian to be
>> working on the technical challenges of migrating the infrastructure of
>> the actual package processing.
>
> Neil - you worry about the emdebian grip integration stuff, and I'll
> worry about these minor doc and config fixes in multistrap. How about
> that?

I can help there too, multistrap is really becoming a core part for
really cool cross-systems, it deserves more love not more rants.

Kind regards,
--

PS.- The only thing that sticks on dpkg-cross is that it does not
support sysroot. =)

<free spam>
-- Would you like to make a donation for Debian Conference?
   ** http://debconf11.debconf.org/payments.xhtml **
</free spam>