Re: libqt4-dev [squeeze]: Package has unmet dependencies?

On Tue, 31 May 2011 15:01:52 +0200
Felipe <felipito@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to install 'libqt4-dev' in a squeeze-gripped system, but the installation
> fails with:

libqt4-multimedia is not a dependency of the version in testing or
unstable, so it didn't get added to Grip. -dev packages are not
routinely checked for dependency resolution because the priority is
runtime packages. Building packages on a Grip system is not the typical
use case for using Grip.

>   libqt4-dev : Depends: libqt4-multimedia (= 4:4.6.3-4em1) but it is not installable
> E: Broken packages
>
> Can you please give me a hint for fixing this issue? Thanks in advance.

On your desktop machine, to create packages for armel:
$ sudo apt-grip -a armel libqt4-dev

Install the emdebian-grip package from Debian and see man apt-grip for
more information.

You may have to setup a Debian squeeze chroot and run apt-grip in that
if your main system is not running Squeeze. apt-grip will use your
current apt sources list.