Re: mysql server

Hi,

2011/3/31 Jérémy Delaporte <jeremy_delaporte@hotmail.fr>:

> So, you to told me that debian packages are binary compatibles, this means
> that if i download mysql-server package from debian repositories and from my
> development board with emdebian (apt-get install mysql-server) it will work
> ?

Yes, exactly that, but you need to enable debian repositories on the
sources.list file, update and install.

> My question is to know why I would use emgrip to convert this package
> because it is binary compatible ?

emgrip will remove the fat (useless files for embedded development),
the draw back is that you do not get automatically fatfree upgrades
for the package. Another question, it is if this package could be
added to grip at emdebian.org, but it might not be possible right now.

> I just want to know what emgrip do more.

You can install emdebian-grip and read the manual page or visit:
  http://www.linux.codehelp.co.uk/emdebian/man/emgrip.html

You might find slightly outdated but still useful information about
emdebian package policy at:
http://wiki.debian.org/EmdebianPolicy

Best regards,
--