Re: Dropping support for debian/xcontrol

+++ Neil Williams [2011-03-04 21:25 +0000]:
> xcontrol files were a useful idea but the existing files are only going
> to get stale, causing build failures.
>
> I'm dropping support for debian/xcontrol files in embuilddeps and I'll
> drop the files themselves from my own packages in Debian, if such
> packages need an upload for other reasons.

Why not wait until a replacement is in place? The mechanism is still
useful, and still used by cross-dependency satisfaction tools.

Without xcontrol you need to use xdeb or wait for multiarch to
actually be implemented.

http://wookware.org/