Re: Which file system for Emdebian Grip: JFFS2 / YAFFS2

On Thu, Mar 03, 2011, Bjørn Forsman wrote:
> AFAIK, Compact Flash emulates a block device so the pure flash-based
> filesystems like JFFS2 and YAFFS2 doesn't make much sense. I think
> it's better to use one of the non-flash filesystems, e.g. ext2/3/4,
> for Compact Flash.

 My understanding is that btrfs has some smarts to avoid triggering
 excessive wear-levelling when it detects it's running from a
 flash-backed device (a block device which is likely a SSD, SD/MMC, or
 CF etc.).  It might be a better choice than extN to avoid
 wear-levelling.

 I don't use btrfs myself though, but mostly extN.  :-)

--
Loïc Minier