Re: Grip mirror with debpartial

On Sat, 05 Feb 2011 18:31:30 +0100
Marcus Osdoba <marcus.osdoba@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I like to retain load on the public server and improve the speed of
> multistrap by setting up a local grip mirror.

Use reprepro instead.

reprepro also allows you to only pull in a partial set, see the pkglist
filter which is exported alongside the Grip repository:

http://www.emdebian.org/grip/dists/

> I tried it with the debpartial-config from the web site:
> http://www.emdebian.org/grip/debpartial.html
> #debpartial-mirror --configfile=./debpartial-mirror-grip.conf update
> runs with and greps sid and squeeze package definitions.
> But when running upgrade after update I get an error [1]

From time to time, Emdebian Grip can end up with the same binary package
(sometimes at different versions) in two different components. reprepro
copes with this, other mirror tools might not. It is OK to do because
the component does dictate a new directory.

I go through these duplicates from time to time but I'm a bit busy with
Squeeze right now. (i.e. I fixed this for Squeeze but don't have time
to fix it for unstable).

> Did anyone on the list tried to use debpartial as local mirror?
> Successfully?

Once (hence the example) but then I got fed up with that as a method
and went back to reprepro. If it's easier, I'll remove the
departial-mirror example.

>    File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/cdd/PackageList.py", line 167, in add
>      raise PackageAlreadyExists, package['Package']
> cdd.PackageList.PackageAlreadyExists

It probably does already exist, but it will be in main and the other
one in dev.

http://www.emdebian.org/grip/#components

codehelp@debian.org