Re: multistrap: no pubkey found even if emdebian-archive-keyring is installed

Am 23.12.2010 10:30, schrieb Neil Williams:
On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 23:00:53 +0100
Marcus Osdoba<marcus.osdoba@googlemail.com>  wrote:

Hi mailinglist,

I'm experimenting with multistrap and Emdebian/squeeze. I use a quite

Which version of multistrap?
2.1.7, currently included in debian squeeze

packages=linux-image-2.6-kirkwood linux-base initramfs-tools module-init-tools udev mtd-utils netbase ifupdown iproute dropbear busybox net-tools emdebian-archive-keyring debian-archive-keyring samba

Email formatting will force newlines into that string so you'll have to
take them out again.
Yes, that's right. It runs fine on my debian box of course.

Run multistrap with the --simulate option to see if you get a proper
listing of the packages to be used.
ossy@debian-virtual:~/buildroot/multistrap$ sudo multistrap -f ./playground.conf --simulate bootstrap: Sections specifying packages for downloading in the bootstrap: emdebian aptsources: Sections specifying apt sources in the final system: emdebian
include:        No included configuration files.
source:         Sources: http://www.emdebian.org/grip
packages: Packages: busybox, debian-archive-keyring, dropbear, emdebian-archive-keyring, ifupdown, initramfs-tools, iproute, linux-base, linux-image-2.6-kirkwood, module-init-tools, mtd-utils, net-tools, netbase, samba, udev
suites:         Suites: squeeze
components      Components: main
omitdebsrc      Omit deb-src from sources.list for sections:
explicitsuite:  Explicit suite selection: No - let apt use latest.
allowrecommends:        Recommended packages are ignored.
arch:           Architecture: armel
dir:            Output directory: '/home/ossy/buildroot/multistrap/target'
unpack:         extract all downloaded archives: true
cleanup:        remove apt cache data: true
noauth:         allow the use of unauthenticated repositories: false

Running sudo multistrap -f playground.conf gives the follwoing error:
NO_PUBKEY B5B7720097BB3B58
I could "solve" this problem with setting noauth to true.

I have emdebian-archive-keyring installed:

What version of emdebian-archive-keyring?
ossy@debian-virtual:~/buildroot/multistrap$ sudo dpkg-query -s emdebian-archive-keyring
Package: emdebian-archive-keyring
 Emdebian digitally signs its Release files. This package
 contains the archive key used by both Emdebian Crush and
 Emdebian Grip.
 .
 The key is also available via the Emdebian website and as
 a udeb for debian-installer support.
Homepage: http://www.emdebian.org/crush/keys.html

I even manually downloaded archive-key-6.0.asc

From where?
http://ftp-master.debian.org/archive-key-6.0.asc

I've got a local change which solves the problem - which would appear
to be that emdebian-archive-keyring is at a version which cannot be
downloaded or installed, so apt is stalling on ensuring that the
keyring is available for apt to use.

Please report a bug in Debian against the multistrap package.
I wasn't sure, if this is really a "bug" or not. So I wanted to be sure before spamming the BTS.

Many thanks for your comments and help.

Regards,
Marcus