Re: Getting more packages in emdebian?

On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 13:35:21 -0200
Rogério Brito <rbrito@ime.usp.br> wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> What is the "correct" procedure for getting some other packages in sid's
> version of emdebian (crush)?

Crush? There are no packages for Crush outside ARM for Lenny. (not
armel or armhf). There is no method of adding packages to Crush - none
at all. Until we have MultiArch in Debian and cross-building can be
migrated to MultiArch, there have been and will be no updates for Crush.

If you mean Grip, nfs-common is in sid-grip. nfs-kernel-server would
need to be managed using apt-grip which is part of the emdebian-grip
package in sid, wheezy & squeeze.

$ man 1 apt-grip

(Search for apt-grip on manpages.debian.net - the URL of the resulting
page is, sadly, v.long.)

> Educative pointers on requesting new packages are welcome.

The apt-grip manpage is slightly out of date because the bit
about adding packages to Grip directly is currently postponed.

Once the EmdebianIntegration is complete, there will be a mechanism.
Right now, sid-grip is a best-effort and is still playing catch up with
a completely rewritten set of tools and wheezy-grip is not being
updated until sid-grip is in a better state. These things take time.

Recommendation is to use Squeeze from www.emdebian.org/grip and
complement that with the output of apt-grip to create your own local
repository.

http://wiki.debian.org/EmdebianIntegration