Re: Most compatible linux board

Man, I like this board!
I think 72MHz is fast enough for running this project.

And I don't want to make a one-man heli, is kind of danger ;)

My main concern is power consumption, because batteries weigh too much.

2011/11/4 Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton <lkcl@lkcl.net>
2011/11/4 Willian Paixão <willian@ufpa.br>:
> Hi,
> I'm doing a little helicopter. It's a toy/hobby more or less.
> With 5 pounds and many features.
>
> So, I wanto put a whole embedded system to control it, since wifi
> connectivity until on-the-fly stablilization.

 if nothing else presents itself, i'd recommend the WIFI-version of
the STM32F.  you can get libopenstm32 here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/libopenstm32/

 you can get the leafpad maple to get yourself started, here:
  http://leaflabs.com/devices/maple/

 ... very cute... they managed to get python running on it, recently :)

 anyway yes the WIFI version is called the STM32W, it contains a
built-in 2.4ghz transceiver, but... yeah, look around: you might be
able to get away with a small arduino "shield" as they like to call
them.

http://forums.leaflabs.com/topic.php?id=738&page=3

the STM32 runs at i think it's 75mhz so it's not slow, by any means:
it'd be quick enough to read a 3-axis gyro etc. etc.

anyway really it just depends on what else you want to do.

hey did you see that german group that did the one-man home-brew
helicopter? :)  bunch of radio-control enthusiasts created a
helicopter with 16 motors, batteries enough to run for 20 mins in the
air!  amazing.

l.

--
Willian Paixão