Re: Cron <emdebian@ries> cd /home/emdebian/debian-grip ; /home/emdebian/debian-grip/emdebian-ries.pl

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 15:14:17 +0000
Cord Beermann <cord@debian.org> wrote:

> Hallo! Du (Peter Palfrader) hast geschrieben:
>
> > I wonder if we could make an exception for cron mail from debian.org
> > hosts?
>
> Do you think about a mail like this?

> From: Cron Daemon <root@ries.debian.org>
> To: emdebian@ries.debian.org
> Subject: Cron <emdebian@ries> cd /home/emdebian/debian-grip ;
>         /home/emdebian/debian-grip/emdebian-ries.pl
>
> Filehandle LOG opened only for input at /home/emdebian/debian-grip/emdebian-ries.pl line 127.
>
> Yours,
>         Cord, Debian Listmaster of the day

This particular task is only likely to produce any output when there
are errors and sending to the list is just a feature of running via a
role account. We could use a list with lower volume, in case a series of
these emails get sent, but there are three of us with access to that
role account. As it happens, we each tend to be active at different
times of the day, so we should catch things like that quite quickly.

The original error was a typo, now fixed.