Re: native vs emulated configuration

Hi,

On Sat, Jul 09, 2011 at 12:27:10PM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> It is also worth noting exactly which packages are involved in these
> problems because very few should actually end up making symlinks which
> could escape the top level directories like /usr, /bin, /lib or /etc.

are those really problems? should there be no absolute symlinks created
by package configuration scripts? why? I dont understand why it should
be a problem if a package, during configuration creates non-relative
symlinks?

> However, be absolutely clear and precise when discussing this - if you
> think my reaction was aggressive, you will get roasted alive by some
> of the people on -devel if you describe things the way you've done in

Then how can you possibly expect I would be the right person for the
job? :D I'm just a newbie and still have to learn a lot.

cheers, josch