Re: native vs emulated configuration

Hello,

2011/7/8 Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer <perezmeyer@gmail.com>:
> On Vie 08 Jul 2011 15:27:17 Neil Williams escribió:
> [snip]
>> > By going step by step through the things that polystrap does, let me
>> > list what would have to change in multistrap to make it build foreign
>>
>> > rootfs without superuser priviliges:
>> Multistrap already does all of this, the only thing for which some
>> people might want emulation is configuration. That's device-specific.
>> There's no reason to fold that into multistrap.
>
> Then why is multistrap installed under /usr/sbin?

That's good question, but if you do not run multistrap as root, then
the system is unusable (partially because effective UID does not match
real UID).

> I think the main point here is installing without root privileges. We may
> disagree on the configuration part, and I understand that, but being able to
> run multistrap without root privileges is a nice and secure feature.

http://wiki.debian.org/EmDebian/CrossDebootstrap#Generating_cross_images_as_non-root_user

There are two different ways already, with schroot or with fakechroot

Cheers,
--

<free spam>
-- Would you like to make a donation for Debian Conference?
   ** http://debconf11.debconf.org/payments.xhtml **
</free spam>