Re: FWIW debian/qemu-user-static.README.Debian

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 11:15:09PM +0200, Geert Stappers wrote:
> For What it's Worth:
> In the file debian/qemu-user-static.README.Debian
> is this text
> * Configuring qemu-user-static to use in a foreign chroot
>   When used with binfmt, qemu-user-ARCH-static can be configured to run
>   a foreign chroot. The qemu-user-ARCH-static binary should be copied
>   (or better hard linked) into the chroot in /usr/bin. Then the chroot
>   can be entered and used like a normal chroot.
>
> I haven't played with it, but it seems to help for "polystrap"
no, this advise is only valid for a real chroot (which fakechroot does
not provide). With a real chroot, qemu-user-static will then use the
shared libraries it is supposed to.

With fakechroot, the qemu-user-static binary that was copied into the
root directory will never be executed (see next email)

cheers, josch