Re: polystrap /lib/ld-linux.so.3: No such file or directory

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 07:42:24PM +0200, Geert Stappers wrote:
> I think I now do understand it. I'll stop with what I was trying,
> namely: following
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-embedded/2011/04/msg00001.html

What I wrote there does still apply for basic usage. But extracting
libc6 into /etc/qemu-binfmt/arm is not enough to allow a full foreign
multistrap.

Using my multistrap config has the advantage that you now no longer have
to get the deb packages of libraries (and their dependencies) manually
but apt will figure out the urls of the most recent packages for your
architecture (and the dependencies) and multistrap will extract those
for you.

Using multistrap and not doing it manually is even more important since
the amount of libraries needed for a fairly complete multistrap is as
long as this list (not including dependencies):

libc6 libselinux1 libacl1 man-db libstdc++6 libfreetype6

and you certainly dont want to crawl the debian pool every time you need
to update /etc/qemu-binfmt/arm (which is what I did in the mail you
referenced above).

those libraries will allow the configuration of packages needed for a
full xorg/e17 setup. It is already included in the multistrap config I
posted earlier. But if at some point you get errors indicating a shared
library cannot be found, you have to add the package containing that
library to that list in the multistrap config and recreate the
/etc/qemu-binfmt/arm directory with multistrap.

cheers, josch