Re: DynaLoader issue with perl 5.12 on armhf when using fakechroot

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 01:40:06PM +0200, Johannes Schauer wrote:

> The problem with the perl version mismatch was gone when I replaced the
> libraries in /etc/qemu-binfmnt/arm/ with armhf libraries instead of
> armel ones

> This does not yet tell me why perl throws this error as all other
> binaries seem to work fine with armel shared libs but the error is gone
> now.

I don't claim to know much about this, but wouldn't a subtle ABI
incompatibility in floating point calling conventions show up just like
this? Most things work, but passing a floating point value to a library
function built for a different calling convention gives inconsistent
results.

That would mean that you'd have run into other similar issues later
and perl was just the first one to show up.

> I'm now wondering: is that perl behaviour a bug or a feature? Is there
> something that should be fixed in perl or elsewhere now that I know that
> the problem doesnt occur with armhf shared libraries?

Seems like a feature to me :)
--
Niko Tyni   ntyni@debian.org