Re: How does one build native ?

On Mon, 16 May 2011 13:23:18 -0400
outro pessoa <outro.pessoa@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd like to build a live cd of emdebian packages for the ppc
> architecture. The host environment would be the imac g4 and the target
> environment would  be a lombard g3 laptop.

A G3 laptop hardly needs Emdebian IMHO. I *built* most of Emdebian on a
G3, including cross-building toolchains for armel.

> Setting up both grip and pbuild can be confusing at times.

I see no need for any of this. What packages are you trying to build?
Any package which is already in Debian can simply be processed through
the Grip scripts.

$ sudo apt-get install emdebian-grip
$ man apt-grip

All the other packages just come from Emdebian as normal using the
existing powerpc support.

The only time to actually build anything is if you have packages which
are not already in Debian. Then, your solution is:

0: Introduce the package into Debian, or
1: Build the package using dpkg-buildpackage as normal and then process
with emgrip

DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS="usegrip" emgrip foo_1.2.3_powerpc.deb

It would have helped if you had explained this beforehand as other
comments are written from the perspective of building packages on a
system already running Emdebian Grip.