Re: Long term availability of xapt package

+++ Jim Heck [2011-03-10 13:12 -0500]:
> With xapt not having made it's way into the official Squeeze release, where
> will I be able to obtain xapt going forward on a long term basis?

> Right now I'm getting
> it from Emdebian's unstable repository.  It is also available in Wheezy's
> unstable repository.

It should remain available in emdebian repository as long as it's still
useful. The same probably applies to Wheezy.

> The following statement by Neil made me think that it might not make it through
> to Wheezy's release, and so might never be part of any official release..
>
> >Naturally, xapt will disappear with dpkg-cross

We expect the need for xapt and dpkg-cross to simple disappear as
multiarch gets fully implemented. apt and dpkg will do most of what's
needed. There will probably still be a need for a convenient 'satisfy
cross-deps' command, but that will just call apt to do the work.

http://wookware.org/