Re: Emdebian server - almost

thanks. good job

2010/11/28 Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org>
OK, the server is something like available and the DNS has been
updated, so it should start to resolve over the next few hours. (On my
connection, it already does but then that could be a somewhat
artificial test.)

Problems:

1. Grip packages need further improvements. There are likely to be
missing dependencies, the latest Lenny 5.0.7 point release does not
exist yet. Squeeze and Sid should be mostly OK but the entire repo has
had to be rebuilt, so there may be some inconsistencies. Please don't
do serious build stuff with the current repository (i.e. don't base a
release on anything in Grip currently). Even Lenny needs fixes/checks.

2. Crush 1.0 has been recovered, only for ARM and only for Lenny.

3. Toolchains for amd64/lenny have been included, Hector has got more
to upload later.

4: SVN browser links do not exist yet. (Trac is installed, not
configured)

5: SVN itself isn't yet public, anonymous or developer. (So those links
on the website is out of date.)

6: The mirroring needs to be reconfigured and isn't running yet.

I won't have time to do anything more on this for a few days
(away at conference). If there are particular problems with Grip, file a
bug against buildd.emdebian.org, if there are broken links in the
website, those will need to wait until SVN is fixed. Other issues
(like Trac, SVN), ask Wookey or Hector.

Note: those who have emdebian SVN checkouts are going to have issues.
We lost all SVN history in the recovery process and it isn't likely
that svn switch is going to be able to cope with going backwards from
rev 7800 to 280. We'll see but it may have to be that the old stuff
will have to be moved aside. Any SVN experts out there who know if svn
merge -c could be used? The path will have changed but whether a switch
and a reverse merge can be combined in a single call....

The history which does now exist is simply built from the svn tags
which were retained in the working copy, so changesets in the emdebian
scripts packages are simply between tagged versions. It turns out that
most version increments had been tagged.