Re: where is http://emdebian.org? http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/emdebian.org

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 12:48 AM, Wookey <wookey@wookware.org> wrote:
> +++ Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton [2010-11-24 23:17 +0000]:
>> presently definitely down - help!
>
> Yes, as has been explained on the embedded-debian list we've had a
> total server loss.

 ooooo ouch.

> A replacement machine (with better backup
> arrangemnts!) should be up by next week.

 can i make a suggestion (because looking on the emb list was furthest
from my mind) that perhaps the DNS be temporarily redirected to some
emergency page saying "it's all buggered!" - or did you specifically
want to _keep_ it down so that the google and other search engine
caches don't go tits-up?  is there nothing available/convenient which
has decent bandwidth?  if not i'm sure i could volunteer phil hands's
server ha ha or i could give you a login on mine if you like, they're
both on 100mb/s in rapidswitch.

>> anyone got mirrors of an older gcc
>> 4.1.x arm-linux-gnueabi- gcc, g++ and suitable binutils?
>
> Zumbi is rebuilding toolchains at the moment. In the meantime
> http://wiki.debian.org/EmdebianToolchain#Buildyourownfromsources
> is how to build your own.

 ack.

> Or use the buildcross. v0.0.7 has just been uploaded to experimental to
> do it for you. (edit /etc/buildcross.conf to say what you want
> building, then run  buildcross -i to do the job (preferably in a chroot)).

 ... in the meantime i'd set openembedded to stuff up my system's
cache :)   apparently i was _supposed_ to just do "bitbake
gcc-cross-sdk binutils-cross-sdk" after setting
PREFERRED_VERSION_binutils-cross-sdk ?= "2.18" and
"PREFERRED_VERSION_gcc-cross-sdk ?= "4.1.2" somewhere in a random
config file - and if i'd done what i was supposed to have done i would
not have overwritten the gcc4.3 cross-compiler i've been using to do
work.... eurgh...

hindsight and panic'd impatience is a bitch... :)

l.